ABOUT

ABOUT

Hello Again! I live on a 15 acre land. We have an apple orchard and grow lots of food. We have about 8 raspberry plants, 6 blueberry bushes...

Monday, May 9, 2016

Restaurant 'n Chicks

Yesterday, for mother's day, me and my family went out to Boone. We had lunch at Coyote Kitchen. They have delicious food! I had a yummy hamburger and fries.
Dad had a boat meal

YUM!
We had to lock the chicks up with lots of food and water for about 4 hours! The water bowl is usually empty when we come home from a long outing, so is the food. You can imagine how they felt about that! Here is a video showing how desperate they are to get out!

I learned a way to tell whether a chick is a rooster or a hen. It isn't 100% but it's gives you an idea.
First: catch the chick you want to catch.
Then: hold them like this, with it's head between your index finger and middle finger, the picture will tell better than me!


If they kick and struggle, then you most likely have a rooster. If they just lay loosely, without struggling then it is most likely a hen.
This morning I had a cuddle with three chicks,

I'm curious,why are you looking at me with that camera?

Yawn! I'm tired!

We're enjoying this. Lots of attention
 All for now!


2 comments:

  1. Do your chicken's always act like that when you let them out?

    ReplyDelete