ABOUT

ABOUT

Hello Again! I live on a 15 acre land. We have an apple orchard and grow lots of food. We have about 8 raspberry plants, 6 blueberry bushes...

Sunday, August 14, 2016

Chickens, Goats and Watermelons

The chicks are now going all over the place to search for bugs and yummy things to eat.
They also like to perch and they found out that our old broken swing, and the fort, are great places to perch.


Tiger, a hen.

Strawberry, a rooster.

Kole, a hen.

Silver Flash, a rooster.

Red Rooster, obviously a rooster
Since we ended up having 9 roosters and 9 hens, we brought 6 of then to an auction. So now we have just three roosters.

We've had the electric fence up for a while now, and the goats love all the briars, and poison ivy! But Milkweed is bad for goats, and we have lots of it. 
Now we have a box over the electric box, instead of the bag.

Yum Yum!


Star

Chloe
So it's great that they can just walk around in goatie heaven all day!
Hello!



Oh! I've been growing watermelons and I now have 4 watermelons. And I just picked one a few days ago! The stem that is attached to the watermelon should be shriveled up when it's ready.

It was really juicy.

Yay! I am so excited because I have a REALLY big one, and the only other time I grew watermelons, I got ONE really small one!

No comments:

Post a Comment